Thursday, September 11, 2008

Where you been?

I've been slacking on the posts. I've gone through a period where I have only been posting detailed stories and got sidetracked from the fact that this is a blog. I've also been spending a lot of my free time tying flies. Been getting back into tying in a big way.

There is a guy who owns a fly shop in Arvada named Charlie Craven who came out with a tying book recently that I picked up due to an extreme amount of recommendations by tiers who know their shit. It's truly amazing! I have tied purely out of necessity the past couple of years and never really put in the time to get better at it. This book has opened up my eyes to some basic techniques that have vastly improved the quality of my patterns - specifically my technique with dubbing.

I'll try to take some pics of flies that I'm tying right now in the near future.

There's only a couple more weeks of high alpine lake fishing before they all freeze up so I've been hitting it hard. Maybe I'll have some stories to tell here soon...

1 comment:

  1. Great blog you have. I really enjoy reading about your experiences. By the way that was one hell of a Cutthroat. I would like to talk to you about teaming up on some work for a colorado website. Please email me at coloradoflyfisherman@hotmail.com. Look foreward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete