Monday, March 9, 2009

A Perfect Day of Sun and Snow

Jason, Nick and I fished a creek over the weekend. The weather turned as we had hoped and the fishing turned fantastic. We were getting into fish so consistently that I was confident enough to have Nick film me set the hook on one. Here is an unedited taste:



You must go to my Brother's Flickr account and view the album of the day. Click the "slideshow" button in the top right of the album window.

Go now.

I'll wait.







I couldn't attempt to describe that trip any better than how Nick shot it.

Nick shot all the photos and video. Nick usually catches a few fish, gets satisfied, and then ends up wielding the camera more than the fly rod. He's a fly fisherman's best friend. He put editing time into every photo in the album. The photos are all available for full quality download on Flickr.

This next video displays the remarkable ability of the polarizer to cut through glare on the water. In the right conditions the polarized lens is the single most important tool the angler has.

Nick spins the lens a few seconds into the video. Keep an eye on the water.



I wish we took some video of Jason cleaning out a hole of 14.5 inch, wild rainbows. Then again... maybe better to keep that little spot anonymous. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment