Tuesday, April 1, 2008

It's gonna be painful

My Dad and step-mom are coming into town to visit for the weekend. It's gonna be nice to see them and to show off the area. There's lots of things to do to entertain them. They'll love it.

However, this means I won't be able to fish this weekend coming up. I did two full days this past Saturday and Sunday in attempt to wash my system clean for as long as possible. Didn't work very well. I'm fiending hardcore as usual and it's only Tuesday. That phenomenal day on Sunday was just gas on the fire.

I drove to Lyons on my lunch break today and bought a limited (600 person) pass to a lake about 20. min from Boulder for this year. We'll call it BURP lake. It's a 2 mile hike to the lake from the closest parking area, artificial/single hook only, catch and release only, no boating or any type of floating, and another 3 mile hike to the lake's inlet. All these regulations along with the limited amount of passes and "long" hiking excites me. The lake should be low pressure with potential for big trout. The lake is open for fishing May 1 - October 31.

No comments:

Post a Comment